Friday, October 12, 2007

oh, the humanity!

so, the humanist decided that watching a bunch of sweaty guys on skates was more fun than drinking with me. as if. but no worries, my aunt is coming with me to the charity thing. and really, she should have been my first choice, seeing as how she always gets me into fun stuff for free.

speaking of family, as my cousin and i got into his car last night after an enjoyable and much overdue evening at 44, he turns to me and says, "your friends are fucking awesome!" the thought that went through my head was, "what, did you think only losers would hang out with me?!" but, instead, i graciously replied with, "you can come hang out anytime you want." so, with that, i hope his bravado and politics didn't offend anyone. at least not anymore than any of us normally offend each other.

and speaking of things that don't really logically flow, i may have had, a mere 23 minutes ago, the funniest reaction ever to almost dying. there i am, standing in the middle of the road after having tipsily followed my quasi-little-sister (thus dubbed many years ago as we're not actually related but i still feel very big-sisterly towards her) there to find that a hummer is barreling down on us. and then a car decided to go in reverse and aim for our cutely-clad tootsies. being too shocked to shout, run or do anything effective, i decided to take my leather gloves and smack the trunk with them. luckily, us and our shoes survived so we piled into abardine (which sounds a lot like one of my favorite nicknames, thus reinforcing our quasi-sisterhood) and safely went on our way.

sometimes, i really amuse myself.

1 comment:

The Humanist said...

I humbly, humbly apologize. But...it's the Leafs!