Tuesday, July 22, 2008

enough with the whining!

anyone else tired of listening to me complain about how much i hate having a job when the economy is terrible and most people would be thankful to have a job that involves poop, much less a job that involves ergonomic chairs? not that i've figured out how to make mine comfy yet, but that's hardly the point.

i think my boss and i, through a complex series of non-conversations, have finally figured out how to communicate with each other. now, when she gives me an assignment and uses strange terms (i had no idea a "schedule" was a "spreadsheet" before i started working here) i know what questions to ask and then when i give her a first draft she acts impressed instead of disappointed! it makes going to work happier. so does the lack of poop. :)

the only other thing we need to work on is getting her to approve my days off. she wanted to know what they were, i told her, and now she won't tell me if they're ok. but, to heck with it, the flights are booked and here's what's up.
  • august 8, arrive around 6 PM. i'm making my future roomie pick me and my polka-dot suitcase up and take me to boozemas (she hasn't agreed yet, but i'm sure she'll come around). it's on gabrielle st., how could i miss it?! plus, this will be a great chance for me to see a bunch of people i haven't seen since i permenantly turned my clocks back an hour.
  • august 9, i hope to hang out with the 44 crowd. either at 44, on the patio, or at harley's place is fine. heck, we could hang out in a parking lot and it'd be fun! you guys are so cool.
  • august 10, family time! i expect this to involve a lot of food.
  • august 11, ERIE COUNTY FAIR! this, too, will involve a lot of food, though of a different caliber. and there's piggy races! you can come too, it's a pretty swell time.
  • august 12, thinking i'll spend some time with the grandparents. cause, ya know, i haven't eaten enough already. and then i fly home, taking up two seats.

so, that's my plan. i like this plan. it has the makings of a good plan.

did i manage to go a whole post with no whining? i didn't, did i... oh well, on a completely non-whiny note, let me just mention again that i really do miss you guys. i know i talk about all the awesome stuff here, and it is awesome, but the chicago-awesomeness doesn't make your awesomeness any less awesome. i get really excited about coming back to buffalo and seeing you guys. i just did the thing where you smile really big and scrunch your shoulders up cause you thought about something that makes you happy. and that thought was about each and every one of you.

don't look at me like that! i made no claims about removing "cheese" or "mush" or "mushy cheese" from my blog. besides, you know you like it.

No comments: