Sunday, March 12, 2006

it's been quite a strange weekend. btw, i believe my weekends start on thursday nights; which means i always have a three day weekend, and have to work on the weekend. if only my boss believed that my weekends started on thursday so i could get paid time and a half for fridays. at any rate...

thursday started normally enough. i got up late, got in the shower late, and then johnny told me his grandfather died. end normal. i called in late to work and then we began the frantic task of finding a same day plane ticket to nyc for less than $500. do you know continental has the nerve to charge $1700? wtf?! and then a very good friend called and offered to drive us to the airport - which was, and still is, most appreciated. so, i got to work, everyone gave their condolences and then before i could thank them asked me where i got my shoes from. again, wtf. i think i played the part well, but quite frankly, i found the entire conversation incredibly crass.

44 followed work. i was still wearing my cute shoes because by that point, i was ready to be told how cute they were - and those comments were appreciated as were the condolences. 2 firsts for me happened at 44 that night - i got my first ever nosebleed - that's right! over 26 years nosebleed free, and i get my first one at a bar. and then i met jim kelly and got his autograph for carrie's brother, who's going to iraq soon. i have to say, mr. kelly was very nice. he told me that it would've been ok for me to ask for his autograph, even if kevin wasn't going to war. and then he hugged me. man oh man, it was wierd. i don't care a lick about football, but i still found the whole thing very cool. and my nose didn't bleed on him, which i consider a bonus.

friday, went to desi's, got drunk, nothing unusual. well, the band was good, and comprised of very attractive 20 year olds, so i guess that is unusual.

saturday we went to peter's house for a good ol' sittin' around the fire night. i love the smell of a fire and going home smelling like a fire. i swear, if i ever commit arson, it'll be because i love the smell. if yankee candle just made a candle that smelled like that instead of "sundried linen, wedded bliss, candy-apple-lemon-merengue-sugar" then i wouldn't have to do it. take note, yankee candle. but i went home, smelling wonderful and slept like the dead. which was great, cause no dead blonde girls in white pinafores with pink bows around the waists came to bother me. hey, maybe she was tired too?

just so you know, don't ever watch the golden bowl becuase it sucks. and don't watch hearts in atlantis if you're missing someone, cause then it's really sad.

and on that note - it's homework and clean laundry time. woo hoo!

2 comments:

Greg said...

ixnay on the imkelly-jay at orty-four-fay!

When you decided to tough it out on your own Saturday, I really wanted to say something to freak you out, like "who's your friend waving at me up there?" or "does that light in the loft always come on by itself?"

I'm still not sure why I didn't. Perhaps it was my one last shred of humanity taking a stand.

GabsOSteel said...

oh, like anyone reads my blog. that knowledge is very safe here.

i'm glad i could be the one to benefit from your last shred of humanity. is it completely gone now?