Monday, August 07, 2006

hooray for weekends!

well, i don't know about you, but i had a lovely weekend. it all started with the dictionary game on friday - and i'd like to give a hearty thanks to peter for setting it up. i had fun, once i got over my fear of wine. and i learned some new words and some new definitions of old words.

i watched my dad (cool dad, not bio-dad) build a pond in 6 hours, possibly less. well, i helped. i mean, someone has to sit in a chair and fetch beer. seriously though, my dad is a true nature artiste. really, truly, he rocks. and i made a little turtle looking doodad out of rocks, so i guess i rock too.

on sunday i went to the eden corn festival and played hick. my mom said that there was no way anyone would ever mistake me for a hick, to which i replied, "aw mom, you always see the sweetest things. now enough talking - let's go git us some kern!" mmm, i tell you, there is nothing like eden corn festival corn. it's just so buttery and yummy and freakin' good. and the complete lack of hicks had my mildly disappointed. ah well, there's always the erie county fair for that.

not to make you think that my weekend was all bliss, i got somewhat burned. no big deal you say, it is. i was wearing SPF 50! do you know how much of a freak of nature that makes me?! seriously though, i had a great time during my foray outside of city limits, and i'm really looking forward to doing it next sunday too. btw, maddie's a go for the ren fair.

No comments: