Sunday, October 29, 2006

this was going to be

a cute post about how i have really wierd dreams when i go to sleep drunk (diet pepsi in the fridge and trying to balance Little Theatre's budget?) and how harley went upstairs for the first time today and freaked out (clearly due to the little girl ghost in the white pinafore) and boy howdy isn't that funny?

but instead, i was getting ready to go to a family dinner and wait downstairs for my ride (us passengers in life have to be considerate) and i unlocked the upstairs door and started to walk downstairs when i noticed the outside door swaying in the wind and yesterday's mail blowing in the breeze. at which point my shit freaked out. nothing happened to me and all of my stuff is still here, but for all i know someone walked upstairs, looked through the dor window, decided all my stuff is crap and wasn't worth picking a lock. or someone tried on my shoes. or, and this is the option i prefer, any good karma i may have had was cashed in to make sure that humanity was kind for an evening.

at any rate, i am definitely embarassed that i was too drunk to remember to lock my own door. and i share this embarassment so that i'll constantly be reminded to not be an ass-hat. you don't have to say anything, just knowing that you know is a reminder enough.

No comments: