Saturday, November 04, 2006

sunday bloody sunday

my plan for today was to get up early and go into work and do some web design and look through the pile of stuff inevitably sitting on my desk after being out of the office for 2 days. clearly, that is not what happened. yeah, i have a headache and i couldn't drag my sorry ass out of the house, but that's not entirely it. i really truly want to do the stuff this weekend. i just want to do it from the comfort of my own home. seriously. if i was doing roz work at my house i wouldn't even consider it work. nor would i put in for overtime. if i'm wearing my jammies it's not work. i don't think i would ever be given access to the network from home, but i might still ask. roswell - think of the savings! no more paying me time and a half! no more yelling at me for walking home after it's dark! no more me tripping the alarm because i forget that i need to be buzzed out after 6! and then there's the free time i'll have at work. time to do my filing, truly supervise my subordinates, and, oh yeah, maybe spend some time training with annie so the poor woman can retire.

but for now, i'm going to put some plastic on my windows, maybe do some cleaning, and definitely take a nap. one must be well rested when hard-coding websites.

No comments: