Thursday, May 31, 2007

ennui

is that french? if it's not, it should be. it's that perfect blend of snotty/emo that screams "je ne sais quoi." but only screams on the inside, like all proper euro trash. mustn't distract from the brightly colored sneakers with loud noises.

so yeah, i'm having one of those days where i feel guilty for being at work. i'm not getting anything done. part of the problem is that i don't actually have anything to do, and the rest of the problem is that i just don't want to. i rarely have this problem at work - i just make myself do it. but right now, all i want to do is go sit outside and get some sun (it's ok, pink looks good on me) and call all my friends and share long distance margaritas. or read alanna's french text books and brush up on my vocab. but, being paid to update my blog - not high on my "want to do" list. going out tonight and celebrating my news from yesterday - top o' the list.

at any rate, i'm really looking forward to this summer and seeing how many times i can drag jess to cozumel in the middle of the day. and staying up much too late drinking far too much and laughing far too loud. and figuring out where i'm going to be living.

oh, btw, i'm opening up the job search to chicago and DC. DC the city, as oppossed to the publisher. so, you gots connections, i've gots resumes.

ok. time to earn my paycheck. i can do this - only 13.75 days left...

No comments: