Saturday, August 16, 2008

?!

i went to the dentist this morning. normally going to the dentist is fun. i watch the "finding nemo"-esque aquarium, watch some tv, get told how great my teeth are and then i go on my way.

not today. today i was told i have 3 cavities (my first, second and third ever!) and that one might require a root canal. he then showed me pictures of what looked like the insides of a cartoon tooth getting sucked out through cartoon straws. i no longer like cartoons. just kidding on the last part.

also, i have TMD which i suspected due to the blinding pain i sometimes feel when i yawn or eat. also, when someone turns to you in the middle of a movie and asks if you could "keep that down" and they are referring to your jaw, you know there is a problem.

but - there's a plus side to this! i haven't been hallucinating, there really is a reason why my ears hurt all the time - it's my defective jaw! isn't that funny? want to know the best part? there's no cure! man, i'm so stoked. if i stop chewing gum and opening my mouth wide and buy a $500 mouth guard that my insurance doesn't cover and essentially never use my mouth again there's a good chance the pain won't get worse. in fact, it may even get slightly better.

i fucking hate going to the dentist.

No comments: