Monday, August 25, 2008

i'm miserable

i hate my job. actually, that's not true. i hate my boss. but even more than i hate her, i hate what all this hate is doing to me. i'm constantly tired. i have no desire to see friends or talk to people. it took all of my energy to be spunky for half an hour with the outdoorsman (you ain't no wannabe in my book) but in the back of my head all i could think about was how lunch would be over far too soon...

but mostly, i hate how i've lost the will to blog.

so, in an effort to not let the worksies get me down, i've decided to do something about it. that something being... look for a new job! cause, ya know, it was so much bloody fun six months ago, i can only imagine how much fun it'll be this time around.

but, have no fear gentle readers, my misery did not cloud my eyes so much that i missed the fact that blog war III has begun. i was just pushed further into my emo funk by realizing that the humanist thinks that exposition is the same as truly baring one's soul and that the number of comments your blog receives is a sure sign that you're an excellent blogger. those of us who have integrity don't blog to be discussed or commented on, we hope to leave our readers (if we have any) with a sense of introspection and enlightenment. or to just get a lot of shit off our chests.

so, yes, kind sir, if you feel the need to fight the forces of niceness and self-examination, i'll take you on. just try not to cry into your blog when i'm done with you.

4 comments:

The Humanist said...

Ha! Don't think I don't see through your deception. "My job sucks....woe is me". Cry me a river, sister.

I will accept your unconditional surrender at Appomattox or the locale of your choice.

Or, if you want to continue the conflict, I am open to your suggestion on an appropriate term of engagement.

Alex said...

Let me know if you need a recommendation.

subscription girl said...

humanist - i'm thinking about it...

alex - ha - you know it!

Greg said...

So, when does the war actually begin? It's been like a week now.