Tuesday, August 05, 2008

happy anniversary!

today is my 6 month anniversary in chicago! i sure hope i got myself something pretty...

this past weekend was pretty exciting. i went to bed at 8:30 PM on friday (man, that was so amazing) and on saturday i went and got the most enjoyable eyebrow wax ever. seriously, i would go there everyday if that wouldn't be super creepy and rather pointless. and then i went out clubbing. i don't often "club" and i don't often bring the girls out to play, ya know what i'm saying? i don't think i'm ever going to go clubbing again. or, if i do, i am going to insist that my friend that i thought was gay but really wanted to prove to me how gay he wasn't waits with me on the corner while i attempt to catch a cab at 3 AM and am told by a large scary man to "get the fuck in my SUV now, bitch!" luckily, my shoes hurt so i was more mad than scared. actually, i still am mad. who the heck was he to tell me what to do? pff, it's not like it was a lincoln navigator. and then there were the guys in the limo. stupid drunk is stupid annoying.

the more i think about it, the more i'm thinking that i was mistaken for a prostitute. which means prostitutes lead very busy lives full of all kinds of obnoxious people. they deserve every penny they make. and i hope those guys tip.

and my favorite part of that night - i was wearing j.crew. can't guys recognize silk chiffon when they see it?

on sunday i went to my first cubs game since high school. my coworkers are so nice to take me out and not make fun of me when i ask if the ball went out of bounds. "yes... that was a foul ball." "oh, foul, right. want a beer?"

but it was a great way to spend a sunday afternoon and it's always fun to watch little kids get super excited over stuff.

FYI, i have a crush on michael phelps.

1 comment:

The Humanist said...

Happy Anniversary, Gabs!

3 AM is not the time to be accepting rides with strangers, especially ones as coarse as that