Monday, January 30, 2006

being home sick sucks. i'm already so bored that going to work sounds like a good idea, until i remember that i'm sick and going to work is a bad idea. remember that time i went to work with a temp of 103 and spent the entire time at work getting yelled at for being there? yep, i learned my lesson. i feel like dookie, i stay home.

on an entirely different note, i think ico is dead at the end of ico. i mean, how else could he meet up with yorda in a human form? and the poor kid did lose a fair amount of blood from his horns. and maybe the reason that yorda let the castle fall apart was cause she knew it was the only way to stop these travesties from continually happening. and besides, the japanese like it when their video game heros and heroines die.

3 comments:

Alex said...

Dear Ms. O'Steel -

I disagree. I have absolutely no basis for my disagreement other than that I feel that if they were going for a Heaven thing, there would have been more soft-glow. Also, this is Japan -- wouldn't Lil' Horned Boy be surrounded by the shades of his noble ancestors?

Greg said...

He would have been surrounded by them if he hadn't delivered them all to oblivion like ten minutes prior to the beach part.

I don't think he's dead either, by the way. I do think that Shadow and Ico feed into one another in a cyclical manner. The end of each one is the beginning of the other, yadda yadda.

GabsOSteel said...

never in my life did i think i would start a serious debate on a video game. my life is now complete, or something.