Friday, June 08, 2007

i'm only happy when it rains

i love thunderstorms. always have. they never scared me as a kid, or at the very least, i stopped finding them scary at the age of 10 when i had to be brave for the little sister who inevitably would crawl into my bed. it was really cute of her - "gabby, i'm safe here, right?" "yes, sweetie, i won't let anything hurt you." aww.

at any rate, one of the reasons i've stayed in this apt for 3 years despite my crackwhore of a landlord is my obsession with skylights. i love 'em. there is nothing better than laying on the couch and watching the rain stream down. i almost signed a lease that was $400 more a month than what i currently pay just so i could have skylights in 3 rooms instead of one. yeah, i gots issues. at any rate, i posted some truly craptacular pictures of a thunderstorm as seen through my roof on flickr. here's hoping it a) rains again in the next 14 days and b) i learn how to use my camera before then. wish me luck.

No comments: