Tuesday, July 03, 2007

in case 17 times wasn't enough...

...thanks again for helping me move. and for your willingness to drive the wrong way down a one-way street, even though it turns out that the part of the street i live on really is two-way. and how did i figure that out? with some bastardized scientific method. i waited until the parking switched to the other side of the street and watched to see what the natives did. so, no laws were broken (other than driving backwards on my old street - but really, that's just fun), but your utter disregard for traffic safety in the interest of delivering my belongings to their new resting place goes down as two thumbs-up in my book. rock.

also, i'm so glad my landlady stopped by yesterday and informed me that the blinds to my apt are outside. this is a good thing because 1) i was going to buy blinds tonight and 2) now i won't have to look at my neighbors, unless i want to. which i don't.

lastly, and i can't believe i haven't mentioned this yet - i own a fedora. i purchased it like, an hour before i signed the lease, which i guess overshadowed the whole "fedora-thing." but, yeah, i love it. it makes life better.

3 comments:

Bob said...

So where'd you snag your fedora from?

The Humanist said...

Gabs:

You look great in the fedora. I'm very, very sorry I said you looked like a Bing Crosby female impersonator. It was the bourbon talking, honest.

GabsOSteel said...

funny story - there was this bing crosby impersonator singing on allen st. with this awesome fedora on the ground for people to throw change in. as the singing was terrible and it's a travesty to put such a great hat on the ground i snatched it and took off into the night, never to be seen again. the best part, i made $5.87 in change!