Monday, July 02, 2007

moving on up

...and on the eighth day god created the internet, and saw that it was good. and then no one ever did anything productive again. i think in my next life i want to be a cable gal. the cable people alway seem so happy. maybe it's because they know they spend their days bringing joy to those people who would otherwise be forced to do things like unpack or fit all of their clothes in their own closet. it has to be a rather fulfilling job. just like working at disneyworld.

well, i don't really know if this place is a step up. i mean, in some respects the place is much better, but i'm really missing my skylights and ginormous bathroom. i'm missing that place in general, truth be told, but i'm also really glad i don't live there anymore. i realize that sounds incredibly contradictory, but i stand by my statement.

my favorite quote from the whole moving experience?
"so, are we moving the cleaning supplies last?"
"we're not moving them at all - i have issues with cross-contamination"
"what? they're cleaning supplies - they clean"
"look, i am not taking grime from one apt. and putting it in another - that's just sick!"
i really like to throw stuff out. i'm seriously considering ditching a bunch of my furniture. of course, i would feel like a jerk ditching it after someones who are not me carried it here, so nevermind, i'm keeping all of it. and treasuring it always.

also, i'm really enjoying the fact that the combined total of the 37 minutes i spent outside this weekend significantly lightened my hair. take that hairdresser - i'm going to be blond whether you like it or not! even if i have to do it the old-fashioned, sans chemicals, free way!

well, this is strange. i've been craving the internet for the last two days, and now that i have it i sorta wanna go outside. and that's exactly what i'm going to do. especially since my bed is too heavy for me to rearrange my bedroom myself. and yes, i know i've only had it setup for 2 days.

No comments: