Friday, December 30, 2005

i think i've survived payroll end of year crap. although, i still could really use a nap. which i will have after my birthday happy hour, before the birthday happy hours.

this week's been kinda odd. actually, no. my cat's been kinda odd. it would seem that without johnny here 24/7 to keep him company, zot needs to be by my side at all times. he took this to the extreme yesterday when he was sitting on floor, deperately meowing to be picked up and i was having none of it. "dude, i'm getting ready for work." "meow?" "i said no - i'm busy now!" "meowrow!" and then he jumped on my shoulder. no, i'm no amazon queen, or even a courtier, but i daresay the fact that my cat jumped onto my shoulder while i was standing from the floor is still a feat worth mentioning. granted, he used my pudge as a step stool to get his back paws on my shoulder, but still, my cat's got mad ups. if there was a kitty basketball league, his contract woudl be worth millions. but now i'm terrified of zot. if he can jump incredible heights, what else can he do? besides shred my arm, i already knew about that.

today was a sanctioned dress down day - we found out about it yesterday. i took it upon myself today to be the mascot for an overpriced clothing store, and i think i did quite well. i was really working for j.crew, but i fear i may have looked more abercrombie. i just really hope i didn't look like a prep school whore, that would totally ruin the image i try to keep at work. as long as they never see me outside i think i can continue to pull it off...

2 comments:

Mike Garvey said...

why do you hate your blog readers so?

GabsOSteel said...

whatever do you mean? are you saying that my ramblings aren't the most interesting thing you've ever read? i'm shocked!