Thursday, January 17, 2008

welcome home

so, what've you been up to this week? really - that sounds like fun. me? oh, not much. went to chicago, applied for an apartment. you want to see it? well, too bad you can't. they're busy putting in my new carpeting and cabinets. but you can look at this one, it's just like mine, only no one will ever walk on my carpet with shoes. yeah, it's a bit more north than i was hoping for, but all in all, i can't wait to live there.

so, now that i have a place to live (paperwork pending approval) i get to dedication all of my time to worrying about the real important things. like, how am i going to make some friends. that's kinda what i wanted a job for. yes, yes, i know i need a job to pay for my sweet bachlorette pad and to procure those deliciously expensive martinis i so love, but i figured an extra coat of mascara and a low cut shirt could at least take care of the latter. heck, we got free shots on tuesday and we weren't even wearing mascara and had shirts on that came up to our noses. i think chicago is my kinda town.

but i'm really worried about finding people i'll like spending time with. yeah, i'm worried about finding people who like spending time with me too, but unless everyone's been lying to me, i'm apparently a ton of fun to hang out with. it's everyone else who can be really lame. i mean, look at how long it took me to find all of you non-lame people! oh, and seriously, i am bummed that i won't be able to walk to 44 anymore. not even if i doggy-paddle too.

on an entirely different note, read this book. i'm reading it going, why does this sound so familiar? oh, i know! it sounds exactly like my blog (i.e. full of the self-depreciating tangents you all know and love) - if my blog was about grey goose... and sex with hot black men. she better not steal my corporate sponsor.

No comments: