Monday, March 10, 2008

close enough for government work

i've decided to take a different approach to my job hunting - get in on the government work. now that i can provide proof of residence in the city of chicago (as oppossed to the village?) i applied to a slew of city jobs. including, assistant commissioner of communiations to the department of the environment. hey, technically, i am qualified. and i would love nothing more than to plan parties to bring about the awareness of the environment to my new neighbors.

you see, i'm a bit of a hippee. i bathe everyday and like my clothes hemp free, but i really want to clean the oceans and save the rainforests and do some other stuff too, but i'm lazy. and that's why i throw out my pop bottles and have given up on tryng to find someone to take my moving boxes away and reuse them - they're all going to landfills. i guess if i had a desk job saving the environment, it would help now me come to terms with high school me, the me that spearheaded the recycling at hamburg high and was going to live on a greenpeace boat. i looked into the boat thing, they don't really like my kind. apparently, you have to be strong and healthy and a really good swimmer and not be uni-lingual.

bummer.

No comments: