Friday, March 07, 2008

you've lost me

what the f is up with you, "lost?" you kill charlie, show a bunch of future stuff, and now you spend all your time showing juliet's smug face? i hate her, and i hate you for giving her screentime. wah.

i was suppossed to go to a social tonight with the cult, but decided that it would be more fun instead to perform home improvements (fun isn't really the right word. i just didn't feel like drinking. it's so weird. i hope you'll still be friends with me).! first i was going to change the bulb in my bedroom light fixture. it's no biggie, i did it about a month ago (hey - i've been here for over a month! who lost money on that one?) and you just unsrew the bottom part and the shade - OMG THE ENTIRE LIGHT FIXTURE IS HANGING BY WIRES! ... ... i'm sure that'll be fine until tomorrow.

then i went to target. the target by me puts all other targets to shame. when you come visit me, i think i'll have to take you there. seriously. i bought a drapery rod, among other things, but i'm really just going to focus on the item essential to our story. i was in need of a drapery rod because i have curtains, ahem, drapes that match my comforter. i've never hung these drapes because when i lived in the purple house there were 3 bedroom windows and one set of drapes and when i lived in the other house i just didn't care and now i live here. so at 10:30 PM CST, i stood on my spinning office chair and attempted to drill a hole to hang the mounting hardware that would eventually hold the drapery rod from which my drapes would be all flowy and pretty. yeah, didn't quite work out. turns out, my exterior walls (the ones the windows are in) are solid concrete. or my screw gun sucks. either way, it took 20 minutes to make a puff of dust. i'm not quite sure what to do about this yet.

there's not much stuff in my bag that's unusual. i have an old school/classic/original iPod mini. a whole lotta resumes. i'm also carrying around my passport as it counts as two forms of ID for the I-9. i've also got a map of the trains in all their pretty colors in my bag, but i haven't had to use that in days (i had to take the blue line, cut me some slack). i also have some hand sanitizer ... ... that's been leaking all over a highlighter and a bobbypin. thanks BufBloPoFo - i never would have dug around in my bag and found that if it wasn't for you!

i have to go wash my hands now. they're covered in hand sanitizer.

1 comment:

Becky said...

From personal experience:

Pound a thin nail in first and pull out to do a "starter" hole for the screw.

Make sure the drill is spinning in the right direction.